Fleming County, KY. Fleming County Public Schools recently completed a small solar PV installation at the high school to further investigate this technology.
- Solar Energy (PV) is the direct conversion of sunlight into electricity.
- Photovoltaics convert light into electric current using the photovoltaic effect.
- Since 2000 solar installations have experienced 40% growth per year
- Some are predicting that 2050 largest source of electricity in the world.
- Solar installations help finance improvements (ECM’s) in schools by producing energy by producing electricity.
- The energy conservation measures (ECM’s) installed in facilities allow schools to improve learning environments for students, enhance maintenance and operations of facilities, and result in measured and verified energy savings.
Fleming County worked with Performance Services to install this solar panel at the security guard building at the high school. As a district, Fleming County Schools is committed to finding energy efficient ways to reduce cost, which equals more money in the classrooms. The pilot solar panel program that Performance Services provided the district has allowed the district to calculate cost savings and determine future solar needs. We continue to explore ways to become one of the best districts in Kentucky.
Performance Services is an integrated design and construction company that specializes in constructing and renovating schools, universities, healthcare, and government facilities to deliver optimal environments and high performance buildings. Innovative renewable systems are integral to its energy services portfolio. The company has provided facility and energy solutions to customers since 1998 and is a leading qualified provider of guaranteed energy savings projects and Energy Star labeled schools.