During the Fall of 2014, at the request of Fleming County Schools, an Internal Review of Standard 3 was performed district-wide. The Internal Review of Standard 3 (Teaching and Assessing for Learning) was designed to assist the district in aligning the curriculum and systems.
The KDE Internal Review is designed to:
- provide feedback to Priority Schools regarding the progress on improving student performance during the preceding two years based on Kentucky assessment and accountability data
- inform continuous improvement processes leading to higher levels of student achievement as well as ongoing improvement in the conditions that support learning.
The Report reflects the team's analysis of AdvancED Standard 3, Teaching and Assessing for Learning. Findings are supported by:
- examination of student performance data
- school and classroom observations using the Effective Learning Environment Observation Tool (ELEOT)
- review of documents and artifacts
- examination of ASSIST stakeholder survey data
- principal and stakeholder interviews
The report includes:
- an overall rating for Standard 3
- a rating for each indicator
- a rating for each concept within the indicator
- listing of evidence examined to determine the rating
- Powerful Practices (level 4), Opportunities for Improvement (level 2), and Improvement Priorities (level 1 or 2) also include narrative explanations or rationale based on data and information gathered or examined by the team