Mrs. Johnson's Math Class
View Events/Assignments for
Here is an overview of standards for our 4th grade math classes: Operations and Algebraic Thinking (OA)
- Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems.
- Gain familiarity with factors and multiples.
- Generate and analyze patterns.
Number and Operations in Base Ten (NBT)
- Generalize place value understanding for multidigit whole numbers.
- Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
Number and Operations—Fractions (NF)
- Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering.
- Build fractions from unit fractions by applying and extending previous understandings of operations on whole numbers.
- Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions.
Measurement and Data (MD)
- Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements from a larger unit to a smaller unit.
- Represent and interpret data.
- Geometric measurement: understand concepts of angle and measure angles.
- Draw and identify lines and angles, and classify shapes by properties of their lines and angles.
We use this site to practice our math facts: add, subtract, multiply, and divide. You have to answer in under 3 seconds!! BE FAST!
- Videos for Math
Math games at your grade level! Learn and have fun!
Students will or have been given individual passwords they use to practice math skills on this webpage in the computer lab; when practicing, scroll down to learn how to correctly do problems that you miss. You can practice at home anytime you want to earn the "prizes" on the site.
You must create an account to use these Videos to learn math. If you do, you can watch videos for your grade and any math Common Core State Standards we are learning about in class.
This is a fun math site with games for your grade level! Don't do anything too easy! It is great to use for an indoor recess time!