Fleming County Schools
2017-2018 Inclement Weather Plan (Board APPROVED 1/16/18)
The Fleming County Board of Education operates more than 30 school buses traveling in an excess of 2600 miles daily to provide transportation to and from school for all students in our district. Riding a school bus is a privilege and abuse of the property or misbehavior will not be tolerated.
A specially equipped bus is provided for exceptional child education students needing this service.
DISMISSAL OF SCHOOL DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
In case you are in doubt as to whether or not we will be having school due to inclement weather, you may listen to the early newscasts beginning at 5:30 a.m. on the following TV stations:
- Lexington WLEX-TV Channel 18
- Lexington WKYT-TV Channel 27
- Lexington WTVQ-TV Channel 36
- District webpage: www.fleming.kyschools.us
INCLEMENT WEATHER PLANS:
- PLAN A - NO SCHOOL – The weather is too bad to attempt to have school.
- PLAN B – DELAY WITH LIMITED BUS SERVICE – If it appears that the roads will be clear enough to run buses at a later than normal starting time, a delay will be announced. The amount of delay time will also be announced. Bus service will be limited. The following roads listed below will not be run morning or evening.
- PLAN C – REGULAR START TIME WITH LIMITED BUS SERVICE – If it appears that the roads will be clear enough to run buses at regular time with the exception of the roads listed below. Bus service will be limited.
- PLAN D- DELAY (WINDCHILL) Buses will run at a later than normal starting time with regular bus service. This plan will be used in the event of low wind chill temperatures.
*ON ALL PLANS, THE SUPERINTENDENT CAN MAKE THE DETERMINATION TO TRAVEL SECONDARY ROADS IF ROAD CONDITIONS ARE SAFE.
When school is operating on Plan D, it will be the driver’s discretion on whether to run roads from the list below, unless the announcement states “limited bus service”. Safety of the students is the number one priority. Parents are asked to either meet the buses at the end of the road or drop off/pick up students at school when bus service is limited. If a student absence occurs on a delay day, and the bus did not run, the absence will not be automatically excused.
- Tom Ishmael Road, Faris Branch Road, Dunbar Faris Road
- Sugar Tree Road, McRoberts Road, Stockton Road, Greenbrier, Mt. Vernon Camp, Hamm Road, Hardwood Drive
- Rush Run Road, Anderson Branch Road, Hester Ridge, Bowman Springs
- Wolf Run Road, Goddard Muses Mills Road, Hurst Road, McGlone Lane
- Routt Road, Extension of Hall Road, Wilder Loop
- Goddard Road (Pick up at Water Tower)
- Spring Road
- Covered Bridge Road
- Big Run, Stepping Stone, Indian Creek
- Buchanan, Route 681
- Deerlick, Route 2505, Colemire Road-Connector Road
- Sorrell Lane, Hammonds Road, Johnson Creek, Powell Hill, McGlothlin Lane
- Clover Hill Road, Fleming Creek Road, McIntyre Road
- Delaney Road , And past Methodist Church on Mt. Tabor Road
- Branch Brothers Road, Lake View Estates
- Days Mill, South Lick, Lower South Lick Road, Porter Cemetery Road, River Road, Concord Road
- Grassy Knoll Road and Pecks Ridge-Tilton Road, Creek Rd.
- Blair Road, Olive Branch, Brown Road,
- Sauer Road, Craintown Road,
- Regal Lane, Tribby Lane, Pike Bluff, Cowan Dirt Road
- Butler Branch
- Colgan Road, Bowman Springs Road, Rigdon Road, Pigeon Roost, Sugarloaf Camp Road
- Turner Road from Poplar Grove to Jim Porter’s Farm, Logan Run, Murray Lane, Turkey Run
- Adams Lane, Murphey Road, Saunders Road, Breeze Road, Burtonville Road, J.M. Clary Road
- Wilson Greer Subdivision, Beech Spring Estates
- Coskey Pike, Madonna Lane, Wildlife Area, Wilson Run, Harn Road
- Dudley Hollow Road, Harn Road