Welcome to my webpage! I have been teaching 4th grade in Fleming County Schools since 2000. Before that, I taught deaf and hard-of-hearing students in Greenup County Schools for 8 years. ( I have degrees in both Elementary Education, and teaching the Hearing-Impaired as well as my National Board Certification in Literacy.) I am married to Jon, and we are the parents of two teenage sons, Samuel and Andrew. This year, I am teaching all subjects to my homeroom. I can't wait to get to know my students!
Please use the menu at the left for more information about these classes.
Students: See if you can "Find the Fiction" about your teacher. There are 10 statements, but only 1 is the "fiction". That means only one is false! Can you guess which one? Then scroll down to check your answers at the bottom. (When you are finished, make 3 "Find the Fiction" statements about yourself to share. Make one statement false (i.e. fiction) but the rest true (i.e. fact) to see if we can figure out the false statement.
1. I went to college at the University of Alabama. "Roll Tide!"
2. In high school, I went on a mission trip to a camp for Navajo Indians in Arizona.
3. I have a beagle named Bella.
4. I have a son who can activate his brother's iPhone through face recognition. (The phone thinks he is his brother and turns on.)
5. I took pictures of bison and elk and of a shark at the beach a few summers ago.
6. I like baseball, especially the Reds.
7. Some of my favorite movies are Facing the Giants , Woodlawn, God's not Dead 2, and I Can Only Imagine.
8. I played the trumpet for 2 years at Russell High School.
9. I want to learn to play the guitar.
10. I know how to interpret this sentence using sign language.
* All of these are true except for number 8 because I played the clarinet. It is the "Fiction."